4. JUDGE PEOPLE ONLY BY THEIR CHARACTER.
Judge people by their character only. Hmm. What do I mean by that? A video game character? Movie character?
By a person’s character I’m talking about their traits, their attitude, their personality, their actions, their values, and their beliefs.
In life, in order to truly know someone for who they are, you need to look at their character. In other words, you need to look inside them, and see them for who they are, without giving a damn about how they appear on the outside.
Have you ever heard the phrases:
“Don’t judge people by their looks”
“Don’t judge a book by it’s cover”
You probably have. These phrases exist because they’re telling the truth. You literally cannot know and judge someone from how they look, and appear on the outside.
Why? Because anyone can fake, and hide their true characters by focusing on their appearance, and you don’t want people in your life hiding their true identity, while appearing ‘good’ and ‘perfect’ on the outside.
So, like I said, if you want to know who a person actually is whether it’s your crush, your friend, a stranger, your family, or anyone, you need to look at these things:
Their actions –
- What do they do?
- Do they litter?
- Do they clean up their messes?
- Do they do what they say they’re going to do?
- Do they treat others with respect?
- Do they judge other people?
- Do they criticize others?
Their values –
- What’s important to them?
- What do they value more than anything else?
- What do they do about the things important to them?
- Do they find puppies more important than people?
- Do they follow their values?
Their attitude –
- How are they to be around?
- What kind of attitude do they have?
- Are they pessimistic, optimistic, opportunistic?
Their views –
- Do they see the world as good or bad?
- Do they find the good in others, or the bad?
- Do they see the glass half full or half empty?
Their integrity –
- Do they do the right things?
- Are they moral or immoral?
- Are their actions good or bad?
- Do they lie?
- Are they honest?
So, the next time you meet someone, whether it’s your future gf, or bf, a new friend, or a new partner, try to look out and focus on their character, instead of relying on first impression, or how they look from the outside. Making the right judgment is crucial if you want to surround yourself with the right people. Don’t fall for looks. Look inside them.